LBRY.io Mirrors UCB Videos on Blockchain

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 20:07:55 PDT 2017

https://lbry.io/news/20000-illegal-college-lectures-rescued
Today, the University of California at Berkeley has deleted 20,000
college lectures from its YouTube channel. Berkeley removed the videos
because of a lawsuit brought by two students from another university
under the Americans with Disabilities Act. We copied all 20,000 and
are making them permanently available for free via LBRY. Is this
legal? Almost certainly. The vast majority of the lectures are
licensed under a Creative Commons license that allows attributed,
non-commercial redistribution. The price for this content has been set
to free and all LBRY metadata attributes it to UC Berkeley.
Additionally, we believe that this content is legal under the First
Amendment.