Is Assange now unprosecutable?

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Mon Mar 13 09:38:17 PDT 2017

On 03/13/2017 09:07 AM, jim bell wrote:
> Having the tools used against him is only one of a number of reasons
> an attorney would have the right to raise this issue.  In the
> hypothetical future case, where Assange gets prosecuted for this
> recent leak, he has the right to challenge the government's assertion
> that this information was genuine, rather than merely a
> well-constructed fraud.   That would potentially require calling
> hundreds of government witnesses attesting to the accuracy of the
> leaks, a VERY unappetizing thought for government!
>
> It would be a disaster.   At this point, I suspect that the US Federal
> Government, if they found that Assange was VOLUNTARILY travelling to
> America, would do just about everything in its power to block him from
> doing so.  If he succeeded, questions would be asked like "Why aren't
> they arresting/trying him?".
>
>              Jim Bell

The US government has no intention whatsoever of arresting Julian
Assange and every intention of contriving an "accident" that kills
(assassinates) him or other event of a similar nature that leaves him
'cowboy-ed' (a mess all over the sidewalk after a fall from a 20th floor
window for instance) as a reminder to everyone else who might consider
following in his footsteps.

Partly for the reason you state (and partly pure vengeance). A trial
would be an impossibility, but the US government is very VERY good at
'eliminating threats' in such a manner as to create 'plausible
deniability. But they can't kill Wikileaks.

Rr