On Becoming Friendly [re: WikiLeaks will work with...]

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 11:50:59 PST 2017

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Razer <g2s at riseup.net> wrote:
> They haz teh codz and they want to make friends with the tech industry:
>
>> "We have decided to work with them, to give them some exclusive access
>> to some of the technical details we have, so that fixes can be pushed
>> out," Assange said. Once tech firms had patched their products, he
>> said, he would release the full data of the hacking tools to the public."
> http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article137371068.html

WL needs to be publishing ticket system type notes on what they're
doing here. There need to be timeouts after which exploit code is
published regardless of what industry does with it or not. Need to be
saying they sent 8 itemized exploits to Microsoft, 13 to Android, etc.

With all this "making friends", what "making friends" is, or may end
up, going on with secrets in general?
Is there no Journo or Tech that can withstand the temptation,
or the externally imposed necessity, of becoming "friendly"?