If this doesn't define what TOR really is, what does?

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Wed Mar 8 10:21:28 PST 2017

> On Mar 8, 2017, at 12:50 PM, Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:
> All that said, I do think the method the FBI says it used to bust the
> Playpen trash would have been both practical, more cost effective and
> easier to sell as "legal" in Court than farming it out to the NSA.

The firefox malware seems logical, probably the easiest way to bust the site users...
but only after the FBI took the server over.

It was a tor hidden service, and i don't remember any details being given about how they physically located the server in the first place?

In the case of the silk road it was supposedly busted code, a captcha that leaked the real servers IP, but i don't recall what (if any) explanation was given for playpen..