[TriggerWarning: Sexist-Racist-Baiting, cmon...] Selma Burke

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Mar 6 17:40:52 PST 2017

On 3/7/2017 10:53 AM, James A. Donald wrote:
> If you want to count every murder of a black as lynching, observe that
> there are approximately five hundred white people killed by blacks every
> year,
>
> The number of black people killed by whites, counting whites as hispanic
> is roughly comparable, about two hundred per year, but there is a big
> difference, a huge difference, in the character of the killings:  Almost
> every black man killed by a white man was engaged in a felony at the
> time he was killed.  Only about one non felonious black is killed by a
> "white" man (actually hispanic) per year.

I meant to say of course "counting hispanics as white", not "counting
whites as hispanic".

Today, blacks are killed by whites in the course of that black man
committing a crime.  In the days of lynchings, a lynching consisted of
killing a black man after he committed a serious crime, instead of while
he was committing a crime.