Ann Coulter - libertarian? - "There shall be a free market in health insurance."

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 14:28:06 PST 2017

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 16:04:28 -0600
"Shawn K. Quinn" <skquinn at rushpost.com> wrote:

> On 03/02/2017 12:46 PM, #$%& wrote:
> > On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 00:43:48 -0600
> > "Shawn K. Quinn" <skquinn at rushpost.com> wrote:
> >

> >> The "free market" is what is wrong with "health care" in the US.
> >> For-profit hospitals have to make money, so they charge outrageous
> >> prices.
> >
> > 	The guy selling hotdogs in the street has to make money
> > too. He doesn't charge outrageous prices*. OOPS - quinn doesn't
> > have a fucking clue. Who would have thought it?
>
> $500+ for six ounces of saline solution is outrageous by any
> reasonable standard.

	Indeed. I never said othewise. You seem to have missed my point
	completely. Or you are playing dumb?

	Here we go again : you claim  or 'imply' that health care
	prices are outrageous because health care is 'for profit'. But
	that does not follow at all. It is a textbook example of 'non
	sequitur'.

	Huge amounts of products and services are offered for profit in
	the fake free market and yet their prices are not outrageous.
	So even the fake, limited, for-profit market we have can
	produce reasonably cheap stuff.

	What actually follows from the high prices of 'health care' is
	that 'health care' operates under especially vicious anti-free
	market policies.

> The difference, though, is you usually can compare prices of hot dog
> street vendors before deciding where to have your lunch. If you have a
> heart attack, there's no shopping around for the cheapest ER.

	You should have done that before having a heart attack. You
	should also lead a 'health' life of face the consequences.
	And why am I even replying to such fallacious objection anyway.

> This is
> where the "free market" fails; under a "free market" that heart attack
> could easily bankrupt you if you are a self-pay customer.

	You are talking about the corporatist system your
	government created. That's not a free market. If you are
	putting free market in scare quotes, fine. Then you should
	realize that the way to fix the problem is to get rid of
	government.

	In case you never noticed, getting rid of government is
	somewhat related to 'cypherpunks'.

> I believe medical care is a human right.

	So what? Well yes, your belief shows that your understanding of
	rights is limited or non existent..