Ann Coulter - libertarian? - "There shall be a free market in health insurance."

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Thu Mar 2 07:29:58 PST 2017

On 03/01/2017 10:43 PM, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
> On 03/02/2017 12:17 AM, #$%&#$ %&#$%&#$ wrote:
>> Ann Coulter: How to Provide Universal Health Care Using This
>> One Easy Trick
>> http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/01/ann-coulter-provide-universal-health-care-using-one-easy-trick/
> The "free market" is what is wrong with "health care" in the US.
> For-profit hospitals have to make money, so they charge outrageous
> prices. For-profit "health insurance" companies want to make money, so
> they negotiate the best deals with hospitals. If you don't have health
> insurance, you don't get the rate charged to the insurance companies,
> you get a much higher rate. There is no limit to what a for-profit
> hospital can charge, especially for ER (what we call A&E) visits.
>
> I am not the first to say this: the US has among the best medical care
> in the world, if you can afford it. And the last five words in that
> statement are the problem.

I take issue 'pre-comma' in the first sentence. No. Not really... See
below. We seek A LOT of 'medical attention' (neurotic narcissists who
need 'hand-holding'). Americans are the most "pained" (as in feeling of
pain) people on the planet
<https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-02/more-than-half-of-americans-are-in-so-much-pain-they-can-t-sleep>,
but you DON'T GET 'medical care'. You get machines that diagnose and
medications that are typically symptom suppression, not curatives.

This medical device cost $113.20 to make.

http://auntieimperial.tumblr.com/post/58159127876

Camera & assembly $9
Screen $12
Connecting wire $1
Probe $2 (x24, # of probes in a package)
Battery $8
Housing $10
Stand $17.20
Total Part $105.20
Assembly/packaging $8
Total: $113.20

It 'retails' for $9,825.00

The REALLY funny thing though? We spend more time with devices and less
time with doctors than anyone else on the planet and we aren't one bit
healthier for it. As a matter of fact it looks like this way of
proscribed 'medical care' actually shortens our lifespans.