CONFESS! Programmers Are Confessing Their Coding Sins!

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Mar 1 23:22:48 PST 2017

On 3/2/2017 5:11 PM, oshwm wrote:
> I'd take someone with good imagination who has to look up fine
 > details over someone who has a photographic memory and no
 > imagination any day.

These are not tests of rote memorization.  Someone who passes them by
rote memorization is cheating.  These are tests of ability to write a
simple program.

You ask someone to write a bubble sort, not because anyone ever needs a
bubble sort, but because the program you actually need someone to write
cannot be looked up on the internet.