<nettime> Hungary: new NGO law passed

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Sun Jun 18 07:53:13 PDT 2017

let me call bullshit on this. (look at my email tld, besides that i'm also
affected by this whole thin in many other sad ways)

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:05:49AM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 08:56:46PM +0200, János Sugár wrote:
> > The Hungarian Parliament passed a new law on non-governmental
> > organizations today, which is widely thought to attack civil
> > society in Hungary and has been criticized by the European
> > Commission. The Hungarian Civil Liberties Union (TASZ) said it will
> > apply civil disobedience.
>
> Your plug does not mention the rather public (but only for those
> following the Hungarian debate) stoush between Orban and
> George Soros.

there is no such "stoush" it's a made up campaign to distract from the
corruption and political incompetence of the hungarian government. by
targeting exactly those who fight the corruption and criminal actions of the
current government. it's transparency intl, corruption investigative journos,
and human rights laywers that are the target of this campaign. mostly orgs
that were hailed by the current government when they were not in power.

let's also not forget that orban himself was financed by soros in the late
80ies, and some of his cronies were even attending central european university
in the 2000nds. it's like in 1984 where eurasia is suddenly an enemy, it just
changes with the current interests of the governing cabal. its governing by
distracting with made up enemies and scandals to distract from everything
else, cheap but effective political sleight-of-hand.

lets also not forget that orban lost his support in the eu, and looked for
other allies, russia immediately saw an opportunity and made hungary the
bridgehead of russian interests (much like the UK is for US interests), there
was even a campaign to get as many people hungarian nationality (which was
seemingly abused by many ex-soviet country citizens) providing natural access
to schengen - a super nice gift for spies in the eu.

> George Soros is widely thought to attack civil society

where did you get this from? that is totally not true, he is being blamed for
financing some of the ngos that are fighting against the cronyism and
corruption of the current government.

> We in the West are well trained in "shouting down" any action which
> "does not match Western values" which we are well indoctrinated in

this is not so much about the values, but the antitheses of these values, like
cronyism, corruption, and destroying the possibility to be represented either
in media, in governance or in the public in general if you are not aligned
with the regime running the country.

> - the ultimate sanctity of NGO's that have no transparency about
>   their funding, nor their intentions, and notwithstanding their
>   actions which may well be directly opposed to the interests of the
>   majority in a given country -

bullshit, the ngos in question have and had totally public accounting. unlike
the government which makes it as hard as possible to have a look at how our
public money gets spent. this is the total reverse of the saying:

"privacy=protection of weak from scrutiny by powerful. Transparency=exposure
of powerful to scrutiny by weak."

>   e.g. the conservative "we don't want unlimited refugees from countries
>   where no real vetting can occur"

again bullshit, the eu wants to spread the refugees over all countries, in
this action it's less than 2000 refugees that should be hosted by hungary.

also it would make much more sense to actually host the refugees by those
countries who profit from the warmongering where the refugees come from, so
the US and other military export countries should host these refugees.
i went to a refugee camp and talked to those people, all of them were
deserting wars they didnt want to fight, went to countries close (like turkey)
but were exploited there as they were in a very vulnerable position, so they
escaped to somewhere further, the eu.

> [...]
cut the rest of the trolling. pls do your pro-russian propaganda somewhere
else.