Stephen Colbert Appears on Russian TV, Says He's Considering 2020 Run for President

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Jun 25 01:16:12 PDT 2017

Stephen Colbert Appears on Russian TV, Says He's Considering 2020 Run for President

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stephen-colbert-says-hes-considering-a-2020-run-president-russian-tv-1016496

  	The American host added: "If anyone would like to work on my
	campaign, in an unofficial capacity, please just let me know."
	Taking one last shot of vodka, Colbert toasted, "A strong
	America, a strong Russia!"  Urgant also made a toast, saying,
	"I'd like to make a toast to the beautiful country of the USA,
	which invented the Internet. Thanks to it, we can meddle with
	US elections." He went on to support Colbert's potential
	presidential run: "To you, Stephen! Good luck! We'll do
	everything possible to make sure you get elected."

My comment: the problem is, Colbert's got no chance against Putin in
the Russian elections - and it'll be mid-term anyway, so double
uphill battle.