Scanning through walls using WiFi drones.

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 13:49:17 PDT 2017

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:32:28 -0400
Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

> On 06/21/2017 04:10 PM, juan wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 18:00:19 +0000 (UTC)
> > jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.imeche.org/news/news-article/x-ray-drones-can-see-through-walls
> >>

> > 	So Jim how would one go about jamming those motherfuckers?
> > 	Shooting down the drones seems like a good solution, but
> > 	jamming is more 'subtle'...
>
> My proposed solution:  Get a router with an external antenna and
> remove it, vs. cut the RF out pin on the appropriate chip.  Run
> ethernet cable to your various computers, disable their WiFi hardware
> where/as applicable, and voila.

	Yes! I was about to post that given my poor rf skills I'd
	replace the fancy Wi-Shit wireless with wired ethernet...

> Not so useful, if your neighbors are also painting the inside of your
> house with strong, steady RF signals; but even then, better than
> nothing.

	Ha. I didn't think about that one. Then again considering this
	kind of garbage, sorry, 'technological progress'

	https://www.ll.mit.edu/news/thruwallradar.html

	http://www.officer.com/article/11329752/radar-cameras-and-wi-fi-to-see-through-the-wall-for-intelligence

	maybe one should line their walls with aluminium foil? Or is it
	'tin' foil?

> Bonus:  Removes a whole dimension of network security hazards arising
> from being "on the air."

	yep