Poitras op-ed about Assange sending cease-and-desist letters regarding "Risk"

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Wed Jun 21 07:31:31 PDT 2017

http://www.newsweek.com/wikileaks-documentary-makers-accuse-assange-censorship-626613

... snippet from op-ed .....

We were disturbed, however, to learn that Julian Assange and
WikiLeaks sent cease and desist letters to our distributors demanding
they stop the release of Risk: "We therefore demand that you
immediately cease the use and distribution of all images of the
Named Participants and that you desist from this or any other
infringement of the rights of the Named Participants in the future."

RELATED: Wikileaks Attorneys Blast Citizenfour Maker Poitras

In WikiLeaks efforts to prevent the distribution of Risk , they are
using the very tactics often used against them - legal threats, false
security claims, underhanded personal attacks, misdirection - and
with the same intentions: to suppress information and silence speech.

There is more in the full piece.