Are you also a Soviet Spy

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Jun 4 23:18:55 PDT 2017

On 2017-06-05 05:03, juan wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 18:48:30 +1000
> "James A. Donald" <jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-06-04 16:40, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>>  > Logically, what you want, cannot exist. You can't proceduralize
>>  > trust. Your hope to the contrary is completely ill founded.
>>
>> Secret handshakes - members of groups advertising their membership of
>> an ingroup to potential ingroup members

> 	the potential 'ingroup' members don't know the 'secret
> 	handshake'. If they did they would be actual members.

They are "potential" in that person A does not know that person B is
actual fellow member of the ingroup.

Thus, for person B, person B is an actual member of the ingroup, and
person A is a potential member, but for person A, person B is a
potential member of the ingroup and person A is a potential member.

The problem is that we want person A to be able to find out that person
B is a member of the ingroup, without person C finding out that person B
is a member of the ingroup.