Are you also a Soviet Spy

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Jun 3 21:15:35 PDT 2017

On Sun, Jun 04, 2017 at 01:49:11PM +1000, James A. Donald wrote:
> On 2017-06-04 06:22, Steve Kinney wrote:
> >Google's search engine, for instance, delivers results biased to comply
> >with the known interests and beliefs of individual users.  The profiles
> >used for this process are developed from very extensive user
> >surveillance; over 90% of a typical user's network activity is visible
> >to Google through these vectors:
>
> The major use of this technology by google and the government is to
> deny people government employment and academic advancement on the
> basis of their political associations, so this is pretty much the
> opposite of the solution that I am looking for.

Steve's point, as shared with those who investigate and learn about
the tech, is that the tech you are looking for is the same as Google
has developed.

You might use a gun to defend your family from home invasions, whilst
the mafia uses the gun to shoot you:

	Same tool, different outcome.

This is the point - the outcome you are seeking, is "slightly"
different to the outcome Google achieves, but the tool you are asking
for is the same tool Google already is.

But it's actually worse than this in that Google's gun is a biometric
finger print restricted gun that will cause the mafia to literally
chop your finger off in order to have future use of your gun after
they've stolen it from you.

I.e., you don't want more auto connection between your public and
private IDs, between your gun and your (~biometric) identifiers.

Look into history and who and how they changed the world - there are
a few examples like Gandhi, and rarely did they change the world with
the gun - of course the (((Bolsheviks))) changed Russia by
exterminating Russians by the 20 to 40 million, and so perhaps
there's a lesson there for us about the different approaches to
systemic change?

Good luck to us all,