dark web briefest intro - was Re: educate me Please

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Fri Jul 21 18:51:11 PDT 2017

On 07/21/2017 08:26 PM, #$%&#$ %&#$%&#$ wrote:
> One of the key features that the Tor company/group has never
> implemented is chaff-filled network - that is, you specify "I want to
> allocate 100 KB/s to my node, and I want that divided equally amongst
> my outward connections, and any peer node that "randomly drops"
> packets, becomes less trusted by me.
>
> I asked the devs directly (or someone else did, can't remember for
> sure), and the reason came back "our funding proposals for this
> feature have never been approved" - which makes sense, since the CIA,
> DIA, DOD and NSA fund the creation of the Tor network, they don't
> want to fund features which make it much harder for them to uncloak
> users they are targetting.

Maybe funded, as in past tense. The current Tor project is not dependent
at all on US government funding that I can see. If you can prove
otherwise, please post the proof.

The nice thing about free software is anyone can add those features, or
pay for them to be added. So even your non-government or non-US
programmers can change the code and run their own custom version of Tor.
The features you mention don't even break compatibility with the rest of
the network, so that's not an issue.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com