[Cryptography] LRB article, Satoshi's Trump Card

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 12:10:23 PDT 2017

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 1:25 PM, John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:
> Well, you know, you could subscribe and read it it like civilized
> people do so the author gets paid.

Perhaps if the author, who appears to have some knowledge
of and interest in cryptocurrencies and cypherpunks, would post
their own BTC address on their page...

https://www.lrb.co.uk/contributors/andrew-ohagan

And if their chosen syndication channels would post their own BTC address...

https://www.lrb.co.uk/subscribe

Then maybe some combination of them could earn some crypto coin.

Here's lots of places to spend them...
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade

Perhaps if the author and/or their channel had social presence on
say distributed / overlay cryptographic networks, some additional
interesting "Letters" (as at the end of every article) might be received.

Here's a random social net...
http://w363zoq3ylux5rf5.onion/groups/all

> I happen to subscribe to the LRB and can tell you it's an article from
> last year on the rise and fall of Craig Wright as Satoshi.  It has
> lots of personal interview detail if you care about that sort of
> thing, but it doesn't tell you anything about bitcoin you didn't
> already know.

Not everything must be technical. Here's some further articles of
potential interest to those who might have coin or know such nets...

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n05/andrew-ohagan/ghosting
On 5 January 2011, at 8.30 p.m., I was messing about at home when the
phone buzzed on the sofa. It was a text from Jamie Byng, the publisher
of Canongate. ‘Are you about?’ it said. ‘I have a somewhat left-field
idea. It’s potentially very exciting. But I need to discuss urgently.’
Canongate had bought, for £600,000, a memoir by the WikiLeaks founder,
Julian Assange. ...

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v25/n19/andrew-ohagan/watching-me-watching-them-watching-you
Watching Me Watching Them Watching You: Surveillance

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n18/andrew-ohagan/text-inspectors
On: No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA and the Surveillance State