Russia, Others: VPN Haters

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Mon Jul 31 08:09:23 PDT 2017

On 07/31/2017 06:47 AM, John Newman wrote:

>> On Jul 31, 2017, at 2:46 AM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/6qjz5g/putin_bans_vpns_to_stop_russians_accessing/
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/6qiwo5/putin_bans_vpns_to_stop_russians_accessing/
> Where are Alex and Zenaan to stop this vicious russian slander?!
>
> Although things have gotten fairly crazy, with CNN running a story more or less accusing Kaspersky of being a KGB agent, and decrying its usage in America...
> I don't think Kaspersky fits the mold of the generic russian oligarch who stole some government owned service in the 90s, privatized it, and became a billionaire over night. I also don't think anyone should be able to accrue a billion dollars off the labor of the little people - but that's the fucked up world we're in.

I figure the Russians may not have the capability the NSA has regarding
snatching data from vpns, so they make laws to prevent their use. IOW,
if the US allows it, they're already 'inside'... #SurveillanceInside.
They even have keyloggers in fucking audio drivers.

https://www.howtogeek.com/307311/how-to-check-if-your-hp-laptop-has-the-conexant-keylogger/

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/249179-hp-accidentally-ships-audio-driver-keylogger-installed

(accident)

None of MY friends are that clever... (a line from Gravity's Rainbow
regarding the German's V2 capabilities), and maybe none of the Russian's
friends are either.

Rr