[Social Engineering] Russian Prankster Convinces DOE Chief Rick Perry He Was Speaking to Ukraine PM

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Wed Jul 26 11:22:55 PDT 2017

On Jul 26, 2017, at 11:49 AM, Razer <g2s at riseup.net> wrote:

>> WASHINGTON — U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry optimistically
>> discussed expanding American coal exports to Ukraine and other energy
>> matters during a lengthy phone call this month with a Russian
>> prankster who Perry thought was Ukraine's prime minister.
>>
>> Perry actually was talking with comedians known in Russia for
>> targeting celebrities and politicians with audacious stunts, Energy
>> Department spokeswoman Shaylyn Hynes said in a written statement.
>>
>> Pranksters Vladimir Krasnov and Alexei Stolyarov are sometimes called
>> the "Jerky Boys of Russia," after an American duo who put out
>> recordings of their prank phone calls in the 1990s. They have made
>> faux calls to British singer Elton John
>> <http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russias-putin-calls-elton-john-real-time-n432971>,
>> who thought he was speaking to Russian President Vladimir Putin, and
>> others.
>>
>> "These individuals are known for pranking high-level officials and
>> celebrities, particularly those who are supportive of an agenda that
>> is not in line with their governments. In this case, the energy
>> security of Ukraine," Hynes said.
>>
>> During the 22-minute call on July 19, Perry, whose department oversees
>> the U.S. nuclear weapons program, discussed a range of topics in a
>> business-like tone, including sanctions against Russia and helping
>> Ukraine develop oil and gas.
>>
>> Perry said the Trump administration opposes Nord Stream 2, a Russian
>> project to bring natural gas to Europe across the Baltic and that U.S.
>> technology could help Ukraine develop gas.
>>
>> "Giving Ukraine more options with some of our technology is, I think,
>> in everyone's best interest with the exception of the Russians, but
>> that's OK," he said.
>>
>> Perry also discussed the Paris climate accord and coal exports on the
>> call.
>>
>> The call, first reported by E&E news, was recorded and posted online.
>>
>> It happened about a month after Perry met with Ukrainian President
>> Petro Poroshenko and his delegation at the Energy Department.
>>
>> President Donald Trump said last month that Washington plans to offer
>> Ukraine more coal exports from the United States because the eastern
>> European nation's industrial sector has difficulty securing coal from
>> separatist-held regions.
>>
>> It is unclear how the United States would bring more coal to Ukraine
>> but Perry hinted on the call that the Commerce Department was working
>> on it.
>>
>> "The coal conversation at this particular point in time is with
>> (Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross) and I full well suspect it will go
>> forward," he said on the call.
>>
>> News of the call came the same day the U.S. House of Representatives
>> voted overwhelmingly to impose new sanctions on Russia. [Reuters]
>>
> http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/russian-prankster-convinced-rick-perry-he-was-speaking-ukraine-prime-n786641

Funny ;)

I lived in TX when Rick was governor and the guy is an absolute moron. He made a speech lit up on vicodin (or morphine or something) one time, and it was fucking hilarious. He also made a complete ass of himself during the 2012 republican primary debates when he couldn't remember the name/existence of the department of energy - of which he is now the head, heh. I suppose complete lack of knowledge or competency in the relevant field is the core requirement for a cabinet posting these days.