political dissidents "thin edge of the wedge" example - was Re: Whom you may not criticize? - USA avidly chasing Germany's Zio-laws

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Jul 24 18:47:20 PDT 2017

This "backward European" nation provides a fine sample of what's
coming down the pipeline folks, both EU and US - "we" collectively
fail to handle oppression by the state, and so "our" states end up
handling us, over and over again (second para gives the guts of this
story):

http://theduran.com/russian-civil-society-needs-save-polands-soviet-era-monuments/

 The Polish authorities recently signed into law a hyper-nationalist
 motion which will lead to the removal of hundreds of Soviet-era
 monuments in the country, with some being placed in obscure
 “museums” and others being destroyed. Approximately 600,000 Red Army
 soldiers sacrificed their lives to save Poland from Nazi occupation
 and genocide, as well as to liberate the many death camps that the
 fascists constructed on the country’s territory. It’s a terrible
 affront to these martyrs and their Polish allies that Warsaw is
 undertaking such a radical approach to historical revisionism, but
 all moral objections aside, there seems to be little that can be
 done to reverse this decision and ensure that the monuments remain
 standing in their original locations for generations to come.

 Polish dissident Mateusz Piskorski was organizing a grassroots
 campaign to save these statues in the run-up to the looming passing
 of this controversial legislation, but he’s since been imprisoned
 for over a year already on politically trumped up allegations of
 supposedly being Russian and/or Chinese “spy”. Leaving aside the
 ridiculousness of the accusations being levelled against him, his
 arrest deprived Polish civil society of a strong voice to lobby on
 behalf of historical justice, and it probably also intimidated many
 of his supporters from carrying on the cause.

"European values" indeed.

Good luck fellow humans,