US Government Propaganda Outlet Funds Electronic Frontier Foundation

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Mon Jul 24 14:22:17 PDT 2017

On 07/24/2017 04:42 PM, Polity News wrote:
> Title: US Government Propaganda Outlet Funds Electronic Frontier Foundation

> Will EFF be able to continue fighting the same government which it also
> accepts money from?
>
> Will EFF bite the hand that feeds it?

I think that's the wrong question.  A more relevant one might be, "Will
the U.S. government continue to view the EFF's efforts as more
destructive to the interests of U.S. government adversaries, than to the
interests of the U.S. government itself?"  As long as U.S. propaganda
funding to EFF continues, we know the answer is yes:  Factions in the
State whose work is assisted by EFF tools prevail, so far, over factions
inconvenienced by those tools.

It is easy to view political affairs through a filter that reduces
classification of players to Good vs. Evil.  That cuts the workload of
evaluating the incoming information by 90% of more, and enables one to
"always be right" when making snap judgments, regardless of events on
the ground.  Passive consumers of mass market propaganda are always
presented with this black/white world view.

But in the world of political warfare, we are not presented with Good
Guys vs. Bad Guys.  Instead we get Bad Guys vs. Worse Guys, with many
cases too close to call.  Students of political warfare have a name for
activist orgs that refuse to make common cause with their nominal
"enemies" under any circumstances, regardless of the presence of vital
common interests:  We call them LOSERS.

We see a lot of that on the CPunks list.  Those who call anyone who
disagrees with them on any issue Statist Pigs present as mindless
reactionary servants of the State, "useful idiots" with an ideological
commitment to divide the conquered and reduce organized resistance to
abuses of State power.

Homey don't play that.

:o/