more than 10% of the web is powered by Debian

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Jul 20 04:47:47 PDT 2017

Surprising (to me) and nice to know - The Universal OS is slowly
steamrolling along... world domination now only days away :)

>From this week's LWN:
 At the time of writing, more than 10% of the web is powered by
 Debian. How many web sites would you have missed today without
 Debian? Debian is the operating system of choice on the
 international space station and countless universities, companies
 and public administrations rely on Debian to deliver services to
 millions of users around the world and beyond. Debian is a highly
 successful and is far more pervasive in our lives than people are
 aware of, even within the GNU/Linux community.
 — Chris Lamb
https://lwn.net/Articles/727985/
http://debianbrasil.org.br/blog/an-interview-with-chris-lamb-the-current-debian-project-leader