In America, Most Republicans Think Colleges Are Bad for the Country - education, intellect, and or liberal arts, a threat

Marina Brown catskillmarina at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 05:29:59 PDT 2017

On 07/17/2017 05:38 AM, John Young wrote:
> Education is affirmation of the status quo in all nations.
> And a negation of otherness. Military, spies and secrecy,
> blessed by national security blind faith, assures heads in
> the sand are patriotic, and raising heads out of the sand
> is treason ("terrorism").

<sarcasm>I am sure that people would function in society better with no
education whatsoever. they would be free to reinvent the wheel,
mathematics, chemistry and history with no reference to the past.
Imagine what people would come up with !</sarcasm>

Yes, there is an element of conformity in education but there is some
exposure to thought that is counter to the status quo. I know you are
not uneducated but i am getting tired of people - even left wing
millenials saying that education has no value.