Welcome to Anarchast

Jason McVetta jason.mcvetta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 22:22:59 PDT 2017

On Jul 14, 2017 11:53, "jim bell" <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

I've long believed that people should stop using the term "capitalism" when
they probably mean, "free market".  "capitalism" might be the 1800
equivalent of "crowdfunding".

I agree people should use the word "capitalism" more sparingly.  However
it's not because most people mean "free market" when they use the term.

Rather it's because *some* people mean "free market", whatever *that*
means.  Some mean "the dominance of economy and society by mechanistic
usury".  Some mean "democracy", whatever *that* means.  Some mean "American
style police state tyranny".  And some mean "the actually-existing
socioeconomic system in America today".

The profusion of definitions in use, and the sometimes fuzzy boundaries
between them, make the word "capitalism" not very useful for communication
without a lot of context.