Donald Trump: a perfect representative for modern America & a so-called Sharing Economy

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Jul 13 20:32:06 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 09:48:10AM -0700, Razer wrote:

> A disruptor-in-chief in a society where disruptors prosper.
>
> > Republican lobbyist Bruce Mehlman, who has long represented technology
> > companies, sees parallels between the cycle of disruption that’s
> > churned through Silicon Valley and what’s now wreaking havoc on
> > Washington.
> >
> > “The forces that set the stage for Donald Trump’s election are
> > long-term, structural and global,” Mehlman told me yesterday. “Much
> > like Uber, Trump perceived the opportunity to reach directly to the
> > public to disrupt a dysfunctional marketplace that lacked innovation
> > and failed to satisfy consumers.

That's a useful way to view "democratic" governments: a marketplace
of arbitrary power wielders, dysfunctionally targetting their
consumers (voters).

What's the ultimate consumer authority? The power of their wallet -
do not put money to evil, or you can be argued to not only be tacitly
consenting, but actively consenting. Witholding income tax as civil
disobedience anyone? (Oh, but scary lawyers and courts and my shiny
stuff!)