Donald Trump: a perfect representative for modern America & a so-called Sharing Economy

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Thu Jul 13 09:48:10 PDT 2017

A disruptor-in-chief in a society where disruptors prosper.

> Republican lobbyist Bruce Mehlman, who has long represented technology
> companies, sees parallels between the cycle of disruption that’s
> churned through Silicon Valley and what’s now wreaking havoc on
> Washington.
>
> “The forces that set the stage for Donald Trump’s election are
> long-term, structural and global,” Mehlman told me yesterday. “Much
> like Uber, Trump perceived the opportunity to reach directly to the
> public to disrupt a dysfunctional marketplace that lacked innovation
> and failed to satisfy consumers. Also much like Uber, he flouted
> conventions and tested the limits of traditional rules, fighting the
> entrenched establishment while seeking its acceptance … Disruption is
> hard and, well, disruptive. It usually leaves observers feeling
> exhausted, uncertain and ultimately either angry or exhilarated.”
>
> In a new PowerPoint presentation for his clients, Mehlman notes that
> voters sought change in five of the past six elections. Exit polls
> last November showed that a candidate’s ability to “bring change”
> mattered far more to voters than whether they had the “right
> experience” or “good judgment.”
>
> -- How did we get here? Mehlman diagnoses seven long-term trends that
> are both symptomatic of and drivers of disruption:

In full with links, including the aforementioned PowerPoint:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2017/07/13/daily-202-trump-is-the-disrupter-in-chief-in-an-age-of-disruption/5966a386e9b69b7071abcb23/

Ps. I just received an email at this address from a "Mark M"
<write2mark1 at gmail.com> requesting an invite for a riseup account,
because Riseup is no longer accepting applications due to mass abuse by
lying about the purpose for the account, which is supposed to be social
activism related.

Mark M claims he needs the account b/c:

> I need an invite code for getting a riseup account I am a bit coin and
> monero contributor

No. Mark. Just no.

You probably think creating another mythical currency is actually social
activism. You are deluding yourself.

Rr