Welcome To Anarchast!

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 08:40:01 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 8:31 AM, \0xDynamite <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/11/17, Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:
>> "Capitalism can not exist without armed State authorities to define and
>> enforce the so-called rights of absentee landlords.  Anarcho-capitalism
>> is a contradiction in terms, just a super fashionable name for direct
>> rule by gangs of billionaires who get to do literally anything they want."
>>
>> The only reason to add the prefix an- or anarcho- to the name of a 19th
>> century political theory or ideology is to make it sound hip and
>> fashionable.
>
> No, that is not true.  Capitalism, as an economic method, is devoid of
> power absent that given strictly by "law of supply and demand".  The
> current capitalism you see today is a result of conquest and
> usurptation of massive amounts of unearned labor in the form of fossil
> fuel and nuclear energy.
>
> Marxos

More accurately, what we have today isn't capitalism but corporatism.

Someone who had a glimmer of a clue once said something along the
lines of: "Capitalism follows the logic of the cancer cell".

That's not accurate, but it's close. Corporatism is the proper target
- eliminate the laws and practices that enable corporations, and
especially those that shield them (and their owners) from liability
and responsibility, and we'd be much better off.

Kurt