Welcome To Anarchast!

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Wed Jul 12 12:47:11 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 12:08:00PM -0700, Kurt Buff wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 7:13 AM, Kevin Gallagher
> <kevin.gallagher at nyu.edu> wrote:
> > Thanks to everyone for your replies!
> >
> > On Jul 11, 2017 9:16 PM, "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 1:22 AM, Kevin Gallagher
> > <kevin.gallagher at nyu.edu> wrote:
> >> Here is where I start to have questions. To my understanding, anarchy is
> >> the
> >> rejection of heirarchies. Isn't anarcho-capitalism therefore an oxymoron?
> >
> > No, anarcho-capitalism is grounded in the understanding that free
> > trade among free people is a the only road to peace and prosperity.
> > People arrange themselves in hierarchies all the time, and it's no
> > crime if they do so freely.
> >

> > For the life of me I can't think of any heirarchies that aren't, at least in
> > part, founded on deceit or force (or both). Can you please give an example
> > of one?
>
> Go into almost any small business with a few employees. By small, I
> mean under 500 employees. If the employees are happy, you have your
> answer.

Just because someone is happy at their work, doesn't mean they
aren't a wage slave.

"Anarcho-capitalism" has more in common with fascism and post-industrial
feudalism than any real ideal of freedom and life without coercion.
For a fair idea of how it might play out, just look back 150 years
to the gilded age - the government was a fuck of a lot smaller, the
masses were dirt fucking poor, and they were kept that way by private
squads of pinkertoon goons hired by the bosses. This is
"anarcho-capitalism".