Russia's "eye-watering" military toys

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Fri Jul 7 19:39:51 PDT 2017

On 07/07/2017 09:52 PM, juan wrote:

>>> 	On a related note, I see that the japanese are 'partners' or
>>> 	forcibibly buy that kind of stuff. I assume that any weapon
>>> 	that americunts sell is fully backdoored so I kinda wonder
>>> what kind of retard can buy stuff from them...Well, the japanese and
>>> 	many other seem to be just that kind of retard.

>> <I know, I know, stating the obvious dept.>

> 	Are you? One obvious thing here is that what the russians
> 	produce is also backdoored. Another obvious thing is that you
> 	can trust the russians as much as you can trust americunts.

I would not be so sure.  In the case of weapons earmarked for U.S. use,
I would bet heavily that there are no (deliberately installed) back
doors in their C&C systems:    Our military leaders may be passionately
ignorant and profoundly neurotic, that they are not actually stupid.
Lockout functions that take significant time and effort to defeat (when
enabled) I take for granted, even though for decades the unlock code for
all U.S. nuclear warhead firing circuits was a string of zeros.

In the case of weapons eligible for export, I would only be a /little/
less confident that back doors are not included:  One wants one's
allies' weapons to work as advertised, and the blowback from discovered
back doors would be very costly.

As is done with proprietary trade secret operating systems etc., these
back doors would be called "bugs" or "design flaws" when discovered, and
this hard to disprove canard would be widely accepted as fact.  But when
(not if) back doors weapons systems are discovered, that would be Bad
For Business:  Quality really counts when defending the interests of
one's own billionaires from the servants of hostile overseas
billionaires.  The consequences of back doors discovered /and/ exploited
could include personal reprisals against parties considered responsible
and major realignments of global power dynamics.