Public Dissentiment

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Fri Jan 27 10:08:39 PST 2017

On 01/27/2017 09:06 AM, Steve Kinney wrote:
> "Faith in science" is at best a grossly unreliable compass for those
> who do not understand the methods and history of science, and the
> impact of un- and anti-scientific influences on the practice of
> science in the real world.

Faith in free inquiry unhindered by profit motivations is a better, more
reliable compass.

I'd like to point out here that the National Park Service was the way
the public initially was informed of global climate change when an
un-vetted--by-deniers memo to park managers leaked stating (Paraphrase):
'As the climate continues to get warmer over the years we should prepare
for more summertime activities' a decade or more ago.

Rr