Public Dissentiment

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Jan 26 19:00:04 PST 2017

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 04:57:19PM -0800, Razer wrote:

> On 01/26/2017 03:43 PM, Mirimir wrote:
> > On 01/26/2017 03:51 PM, No wrote:
> >> https://vimeo.com/200927432
> >>
> >> Public Dissentiment is an online tool that helps protesters negatively
> >> impact the price of a publicly traded company’s stock by communicating
> >> with algorithmic market makers. By using the same algorithmic sentiment
> >> analysis techniques as financial trading bots, the app generates posts
> >> for social media that link to news stories that will be viewed
> >> negatively by algorithmic market makers.
> >>
> >> If enough of these posts are generated in the same time frame,
> >> uncertainty about the targeted company’s stock will be created,
> >> temporarily affecting the price of the stock, consequently making the
> >> company’s shareholders aware of the public’s negative sentiment towards
> >> them.
> >>
> >> Please visit: publicdissentiment.org/ <http://publicdissentiment.org/>
> > Perhaps also useful as investment strategy ;)
>

> Speaking of 'investment strategy' I'd like to know who shorted Lockheed
> before Trump said that 'thing' about the Lockheed F-35 knocking tens of
> billions of dollars of it's share values... for a bit. Trump's cronies
> indebted to him and all of their bffs are making bank on the market
> volatility created by every stoopid thing Trump says.
>
> You'd figure all the 'truthers' would be on it... Considering they were
> all over the airline shorts pre-911 and never bothered to note all those
> airlines were in deep financial trouble and people were naturally
> shorting and playing those stock's volatility... Unlike Lockheed's
> situation... but the 'truthers' got derailed years ago. That's the
> problem with conspiracy theory (X) as an analysis of global events.
> 'Down the rabbit hole'.

For your "shorting" 'conspiracy' to be true, you'd have to evidence that
the pre-9/11 shorts were no more significant than "normal market long +
shorting behaviour".

Your theory may be correct, IDK, but I'd love to get clarity either
which way. Seriously, opinion porn does not help your attack on the
"truthers".