Scientists Run For Office (alongside Cpunks)

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Thu Jan 26 08:44:17 PST 2017

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 07:43:10AM -0800, Razer wrote:
> > /Nothing like promoting murder of political dissidents ... on an
> > alt-think "punks" mailing list./
>
> There I go digging through my JUNK mail again and seeing ignorant pieces
> of shit spewing
>
> Alt-think... Jeez. There's something alt about being reactionary? I did
> not know.
>
> Fascism isn't politics. It's a half-baked ideology based on REACTION to
> the tide of progressive social changes by governments... opposition to
> progress,  as most of Uberto Eco's treatise on Fascism's eternal traits

Ever read Umberto's novel "Focault's Pendelum"? I know you are into the
Illuminatus Trilogy, based on some past quotes you've posted, it's got a
similar vibe.. its a great fucking book!

His ur-fascism treatise is great, and actually seems to me to be
hilariously on-point with the current political situation.. a couple
of his points -

"The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is
an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by
definition."

"One of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the
appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an
economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened
by the pressure of lower social groups."

".. root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot,
possibly an international one. The followers must feel besieged. The
easiest way to solve the plot is the appeal to xenophobia. But the plot
must also come from the inside: Jews are usually the best target because
they have the advantage of being at the same time inside and outside"

see: http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1995/06/22/ur-fascism/

--
John