Scientists Run For Office (alongside Cpunks)

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Thu Jan 26 06:21:03 PST 2017

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 02:39:55AM -0500, grarpamp wrote:
> https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/01/thanks-to-trump-scientists-are-planning-to-run-for-office/514229/
>
> Prof. Smith Goes to Washington

> scientists are preparing to run for political office.

Looks like someone going by the name Donald J. Trump made them look
like amateurs:

https://www.scribd.com/document/337471737/Proof-of-the-Riemann-Hypothesis-utilizing-the-theory-of-Alternative-Facts

Proof of the Riemann Hypothesis utilizing the theory of Alternative Facts
Donald J. Trump January 24, 2017
Abstract
Conway’s powerful theory of Alternative Facts can render many difficult problems tractable. Here we demonstrate the power of AF to prove the Riemann Hypothesis, one of the most important unsolved problems in mathematics. We further suggest applications of AF to other challenging unsolved problems such as the zero-equals-one conjecture (which is also true) and the side-counting problem of the circle. We determine the circle to have exactly 11 unique sides