WTC [WAS] Do you have predictions about 2017?

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Fri Jan 20 14:55:41 PST 2017

On 01/20/2017 03:04 PM, jim bell wrote:

> *From:* grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>
>
>> Rather amazed AP hasn't yet risen (publicly) to affect things.
>
> No disagreement from me on that!  When I proposed AP almost 22
> years ago, https://cryptome.org/ap.htm, I believed that the
> possibilities and advantages of the system would be immediately
> debated and decided upon. A lot of debate did indeed occur, but
> even today the average person remains unaware that there is a
> solution to militaries and war, to government and tyranny.  How
> long until freedom breaks out and lives?

It seems to me that AP has not been implemented due to one deficit:
We have no means of implementing AP with adequate safeguards to
protect the operators and participants from the combined resources of
military and law enforcement agencies from numerous jurisdictions
worldwide.

AP may be "perfectly legal" for every participant except the prize
winners, but in the view of a targeted ruling class and its servants,
it is perfectly legal to kill the operators on discovery as long as
they do not get caught doing so.  If they do get caught, they can
simply change the laws.  Their propaganda capabilities would assure
broad public approval of any such changes.

AP is a novel means of waging class warfare, but if and when it gets
implemented the "enemies of the people" will not surrender or sit
quietly waiting to die, constrained by rule of law from striking back
with every means available to them.  As these means include already
established surveillance and manipulation capabilities spanning the
networks AP communications must hide in to be successful, early
implementations of AP would trigger an arms race.  Maybe the AP side
can win, but the lessons learned along the way to that victory would
be paid for in the blood of failed operators.  So far no one has shown
up with the necessary technical capabilities and confidence to take
the risk and pay the price.

A fully distributed network protocol for AP, with no single or
higher-value points of failure, clever enough to offer a credible (if
false) promise of security to early adopters, might someday get off
the ground.  But given that the global industrial economy will most
likely collapse first and take most of today's ruling class down with
it, I think it makes more sense to wait for the laws of physics to do
the job.

The more hard-headed anarchistic technologists we have when that
happens, the sooner a world (more) worth living in can replace the one
we have.  Since trying to make AP work in today's real would motivate
today's ruling class to thin that particular herd, I would not
encourage them to implement AP... just yet.

:o)