Scientists Run For Office (alongside Cpunks)

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Thu Jan 26 09:43:22 PST 2017

On 01/26/2017 08:44 AM, John Newman wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 07:43:10AM -0800, Razer wrote:
>>> /Nothing like promoting murder of political dissidents ... on an
>>> alt-think "punks" mailing list./
>> There I go digging through my JUNK mail again and seeing ignorant pieces
>> of shit spewing
>>
>> Alt-think... Jeez. There's something alt about being reactionary? I did
>> not know.
>>
>> Fascism isn't politics. It's a half-baked ideology based on REACTION to
>> the tide of progressive social changes by governments... opposition to
>> progress,  as most of Uberto Eco's treatise on Fascism's eternal traits
> Ever read Umberto's novel "Focault's Pendelum"? I know you are into the
> Illuminatus Trilogy, based on some past quotes you've posted, it's got a
> similar vibe.. its a great fucking book!

I haven't despite the fact people keep recommending it. Mostly due to my
seeming obsession with current events reading and digging the truth
'pepper' of the news 'fly feces'. Top of the list. Planning a trip to
the Rocky Mountains this summer. Then East to visit some old
Music/Radical friends on the East Coast ... may be a good time.

> His ur-fascism treatise is great, and actually seems to me to be
> hilariously on-point with the current political situation.. a couple
> of his points -
>
> "The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is
> an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by
> definition."
>
> "One of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the
> appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an
> economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened
> by the pressure of lower social groups."

Hehehe... Crisis IS business as usual for Capitalism. America has been
experiencing "Disaster Capitalism" for decades now but the citizens are
a lttle slow to understand it's intended to be that way by the economic
elite. It takes time to break people badly enough to be desperate for an
authoritarian totalitarian who will 'fix things' for them.

> ".. root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot,
> possibly an international one. The followers must feel besieged. The
> easiest way to solve the plot is the appeal to xenophobia. But the plot
> must also come from the inside: Jews are usually the best target because
> they have the advantage of being at the same time inside and outside"
>
> see: http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1995/06/22/ur-fascism/

Thanks for the link! For the longest time the full article wasn't
available online at NYRB . Just a synopsis. It appears they've relented.

PDF for your collection here:
http://www.pegc.us/archive/Articles/eco_ur-fascism.pdf

Rr