Indiana bill would allow police to shut down protests 'by any means necessary'

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Sat Jan 21 07:21:31 PST 2017

On 01/21/2017 05:17 AM, Pinoaffe wrote:

>> "Indiana bill would allow police to shut down protests 'by any means
> necessary'"
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/18/indiana-protest-bill-police-power
>
> daymn this is terrible

Daym this is unconstitutional.

States and municipalities can write anything down on paper they like and
call it a law, but that doesn't mean it's enforceable. It does however
add additional hoops people protesting have to jump through. In this
case state and federal court hoops. Albeit, state courts often look at
'laws' like this in chambers and instantly redact them without even
time-in-court.

Cities, aamof, often call them ordinances... Because they ORDAIN them to
be so. Not because they have any legitimate standing under state or
federal law. My town has literally dozens of them that are obviously not
constitutional mostly aimed at the displaced workers they've literally
created by their greed-based 'planning', and local courts are 'packed'
with elected judges who often have little legal experience, no interest
in the judicial 'carer path', rubber stamp those "ordinances" and
convict people for them (none are incarcerate-able). Which is like
saying if you don't like our law sue us in state court buddy.

Rr

"When I got to the halls of Justice that what I saw there... Just-Us"
~Dick Gregory