I Have a Dream - Martin Luther King, Jr.

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Sat Jan 21 05:58:19 PST 2017

> On Jan 20, 2017, at 4:33 PM, Dr. Carl Hart, PhD <drcarlhart at sigaint.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 17 2017 14:57:12 -1400
>> "James A. Donald" <jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:
>>
>> Marijuana
>
> Have you read my book 'High Price'?
>
> http://drcarlhart.com/my-books/
>
>> Carl

Hi Carl -

I’m curious what your book has to say about marijuana. The blurb
on amazon doesn’t give me a clear idea, although it seems you
probably lean towards the idea that drugs prohibition (the “war on
drugs”) is an abysmal, inhumane failure. At the very least we should
take the same steps Portugal has taken and decriminalize possession
of everything, IMO. The wave of marijuana legalizations across
various states is a good start (Jeff Sessions is a step back), but
I think we should go much further than that.. but, I also don’t
have a whole lot of faith (any) in modern corporatist oligarchies
like the USA and Russia (and just about every nation state on the
earth)…

It appears you’re a black dude from your website (african-american
if you prefer), so I imagine the racist asshole James A. Donald has
nothing nice or relevant to say…. but I’ll let Donald speak for
himself.

thanks!
John