[OT] [song] Galaxy Song - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 08:14:11 PST 2017

The stars are so beautiful...  :)

[bcc]  Thank you for always inspiring me, Solstag.  I love and miss you a
lot.  Paris is more beautiful now and Sao Paulo, a bit sadder.  :'(

======

*"Galaxy Song" - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life*

https://youtu.be/buqtdpuZxvk

Whenever life gets you down, Mrs. Brown,
And things seem hard or tough,
And people are stupid, obnoxious or daft,

And you feel that you've had quite eno-o-o-o-o-ough,

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at 900 miles an hour.
It's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned,
The sun that is the source of all our power.
Now the sun, and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
Are moving at a million miles a day,
In the outer spiral arm, at 40,000 miles an hour,
Of a galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars;
It's a hundred thousand light-years side to side;
It bulges in the middle sixteen thousand light-years thick,
But out by us it's just three thousand light-years wide.
We're thirty thousand light-years from Galactic Central Point,
We go 'round every two hundred million years;
And our galaxy itself is one of millions of billions
In this amazing and expanding universe.

--
​"The future cannot be predicted, but futures can be invented."​