Repost - Open Technology Fund's Classified Audit

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Feb 26 21:15:42 PST 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 05:48:38AM +0100, Rachael Tackett wrote:
>    Not sure why my previous messages failed to go through.
>
>    Open Technology Fund (OTF) is the US government program, which pretends not to be a government program. OTF has financed projects such as Tor
>    Project, Signal, SubgraphOS, etc. Several years ago, the State Dept.'s Inspector General's Office investigated and found out that Open Technology
>    Fund was breaking a bunch of federal laws on grant funding.
>
>    Congress ordered the GAO (Government Accountability Office) to conduct an audit of OTF. So, the GAO says they have an audit, but they cannot
>    release it to me because it might be classified by the Department of State. So, I file a public records request, and the GAO gives me some bogus
>    excuse about "congressional records". So, I call the House and Senate Foreign Relations Committees, and no one ever calls me back.
>
>    Open code, with secret contracts and now a secret audit!

Both came through to me.

I find some of my emails don't get to me, and some of others' emails
don't get to me either (e.g. Razer - but some of his do get through).

There are some problems with emails getting through - they end up in the
archive, but don't get through to the end user. I guess either gmail,
godaddy, or whoever your email front receiver is, might be rejecting,
and lists.cypherpunks.org is not retrying or something.

But I just don't know - I emailed the bounces at l.cp.org address
yesterday, asking what might cause this type of issue.