Is email really that hard?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Feb 22 09:10:44 PST 2017

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 02:02:50PM -0300, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017, at 5:51 AM, oshwm <oshwm at openmailbox.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 22 February 2017 08:34:43 GMT+00:00, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> >
> > >Who is the list owner these days? If we do not get moderation going I'm
> > >out of here.
> >
> > Bye then :)
>

> Eugen,
>
> oshwm wasn't being offensive or aggressive.  He/she  (I don't know
> whether is a girl or a boy, never needed to ask it)  was just
> informing you  - in a bit ironic way, I admit -  that CP is a list
> with absolutely NO moderation.

I really made a mistake back then. This list should have never been resurrected
in the current form.

> I don't know whether Riad is still the list owner and Greg is only
> managing it, or whether Greg also became the new list owner  (never
> needed to ask it too, haha),  but both are good persons, kind and
> very, very, very patient.  I really appreciate a lot both, and hope

Tolerance and patience will kill even the best list.

> nobody annoys them.  :)
>
> Take care, be patient and create filters, please.

This is not the way to keep a list healthy and sane. Pretty soon there
will be zero traffic passing your filters.

It's allright, I haven't read anything worthwhile here in years.