Trump Says, 'Look What's Happening In Sweden.' Sweden Asks, 'Wait, What?'

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Feb 21 15:18:16 PST 2017

>> On 2/21/2017 5:13 PM, John Newman wrote:
>>> You mean Trump spouts a line of utter nonsense that is quickly
>> denounced? Pretty much.

"James A. Donald" >> Denounced indeed - but the evidence that Trump
spoke the truth and the

On 2/22/2017 5:25 AM, John Newman wrote:
> How about the 3million+ illegal votes he repeatedly brings up?

A reasonable estimate:  Recall Obama calling upon illegal immigrants to
vote.  Unless millions of illegals were voting, would Hillary and Obama
bother to go after their votes?

The reason that there "is no evidence of illegals voting" is that we are
on the honor system.  No one is allowed to look for evidence of illegals
voting.  There is absolutely no check to prevent them from voting, and
no way of detecting it if they do.

> His claim that his win was the biggest electoral win in decades?

In the electoral college, which is what he was targeting, it was.  If we
had a system where the largest plurality won, his campaign, and
Hillary's would have campaigned differently.  Hillary won the popular
vote largely because she misjudged which states were in play.  Trump had
his ear to the ground, knew which states were in play, and she did not.

> His claim the US murder rate is the highest in 47 years?

He was wrong - but the murder rate did show a dramatic increase under
Obama, the largest *increase* in 47 years.

> He said only 109 people were affected by his immigration executive order?

Not what he said.

> Oh, an oldy but a goody - he NEVER made fun of the disabled reporter, right?

No, he never made fun of a disabled reporter - he has used that gesture
in other contexts.