Swedish Court: Pirate Bay Blocked For 3 Years

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Thu Feb 16 19:01:00 PST 2017

grarpamp:

> https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-must-be-blocked-in-sweden-court-of-appeal-rules-170213/
> https://yro.slashdot.org/story/17/02/16/2056212/swedish-court-rules-block-the-pirate-bay-for-next-3-years?SetFreedomCookie
>
> A Court of Appeal has ordered The Pirate Bay and streaming portal
> Swefilmer to be blocked by an ISP in Sweden. The landmark ruling, in
> favor of Universal Music, Sony Music, Warner Music, and the Swedish
> film industry, will see local ISP Bredbandsbolaget forced to block the
> sites for the next three years.
> In today’s judgment, the Patent and Market Court held that right
> holders such as film and music companies can obtain a court order in
> Sweden against an ISP, which forces the ISP to take measures to
> prevent copyright infringement committed by others on the Internet,”
> Court of Appeals Judge Christine Lager said in a statement.

Piratebay.red is still up. I just went to it using Torbrowser in Tails
and even though all the piratebays are Cloudflare-hosted I did not get a
captcha panel as is the usual on cf hose-ted sites when using tor.

Maybe they have better ways to surveil tor now... and apparently the
.red mirror isn't in Sweden

RR
"You might want to ask an expert about that - I just fiddlefucked around
with mine until it worked..."