Re: "Left Attacks ACLU for Defending Mil o Yiannopoulos’ Right to Free Speech"

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Tue Feb 14 16:45:21 PST 2017

On 02/14/2017 02:52 PM, John Young wrote:
> ACLU has become primarily a money-raising endeavor, paying its staff
> extremely generous salaries and perks. It turns down requests which
> does not promise fund-raising prospects. In this it is like the
> Greenwalds who rush to promote very lucrative grants for high-profile
> projects. Check out the ACLU main site for its gold-plated campaigns
> and screeching about contributions.
>
> This bankable version followed departure of long-time supporters
> repulsed by the greed and cozying up to wealthy donors. It ain't what
> it claims to be, and once was, maybe could be again if it dumped the
> sleases who chase media coverage like politicians, actually pursuing
> civil liberites spectaculars like ambulance-chasing lawyers. Far from
> being public defenders.
>
> The org's alleged neutrality is bogus, it is tipped toward profitable
> non-profitibility, hardly alone in that, to be sure, ever ready to
> arrange tax write-offs for over-loaded dudes and dudettes, and in that
> way perfectly comfortable with governments who dispense privilege and
> civil liberties to those who never really challenge authority. Every
> government agency, corporation and NGO has a civil liberties policy as
> rancid as privacy and security.
>
> Coda, few cypherpunks ever wrote code, those that did went on to
> better rewards in industry and government from which most came. The
> code mantra was an inside joke to get grunts to labor for free, even
> go to jail, since not many could qualify for ACLU expensive and
> exclusive standards,

ACLU comes in late after the CCR NLG and others have done the hard work,
polishes the apple, takes all the credit, and uses it to fundraise.
Their local chapters do as much as they can on a limited budget begging
the regional for 'bigger guns' if needed and generally not getting the
assistance. They are fan clubs and literature distributors. The thing
that really irks me though is the NLG and CCR give kudos to the ACLU for
their work but I'll be damned if I can ever remember any sort of
reciprocal behavior.

The NLG used to stalk the "Tombs" at 100 Centre St Manhattan criminal
court after antiwar protests bailing people out, and if you asked them
where to return to money to they'd say "Keep it"

HAHAHAHA! I GUESS that's 'paying for protesters'... If you don't mind
sitting in a literal human sewer with a cheeze sandwich of some yellow
gummy shit on white 'bread' with umn... I think it was mayonnaise
anyway... That's all you got until you were released, or 'housed' if you
REALLY did something the  cops didn't like...

Rr