Dead links to blog.torproject.org and the Streisand effect

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Mon Feb 6 10:52:34 PST 2017

On 02/06/2017 12:10 AM, grarpamp wrote:

> During TorGate a lot of people were archiving to archive.is .
>
> See also the fine work at...
> https://github.com/Enegnei/JacobAppelbaumLeavesTor
>
> Speaking of deficiences they apparently give no fucks
> about anymore...
>
> Tor Inc is now *two* full years silent on posting their
> promised yearly financials.
> And around *eight months* silent ignored publishing any
> corporate board level docs as requested by community.

A week ago I sent an RFI to the TAILS folks regarding their abandonment
of 32 bit machines in the upcoming V3.0

> Is there a list of computers that have boot issues (et al) with that upgrade? I
> am poor. I will be buying a used computer that I WILL NOT really be able to
> afford and want to be VERY sure my purchase will be compatible because there
> will be no way to get a refund or replacement.

The reply:

> Hello:
>
> I am sorry about that, but there are not so many 32bit laptops anymore
> and it is much safer for all users if we run in 64bit.
>
> In the announce there is a command you can run from your current Tails
> to see if you will be able to run Tails 3.0 on that machine, see:
>
> https://tails.boum.org/news/test_3.0-beta1/
>
> Thanks for your understanding.

I thought my question was pretty clear but I sent a clarification:

> I understand that. I'm seeking information on 64-bit machines that are
> known NOT to be compatible so I don't purchase a (non-returnable) used
> one that won't work. There's an on-site list of known "Problem
> computers". I'm looking for a similar list for 64 bit computers Thanks

Still waiting for a reply. I'm not holding my breath.

More verification of my hypothesis that Tails is abandoning the alleged
4% of users (no indication of how they derived that. I was never polled)
they claim still use their product on 32 bit computers. IOW, POOR users
... Many in 3rd world dictatorship-run countries who REALLY NEED the
protection, and are pandering to affluent Western Pedos who the the feds
can practice their 'tor tracking chops' on, then bust, on the 'darknet'.

Rr