Fw: [Access Now] Beware: countering “violent extremism” online risks human rights

rooty arpspoof at protonmail.com
Fri Feb 3 14:56:43 PST 2017

Hi Hi Hi (*_*) - bad sea sea -

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Access Now] Beware: countering “violent extremism” online risks human rights
Local Time: February 3, 2017 5:09 PM
UTC Time: February 3, 2017 5:09 PM
From: cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
To: CypherPunks <cypherpunks at lists.cpunks.org>

Beware: countering “violent extremism” online risks human rights.

https://www.accessnow.org/beware-countering-violent-extremism-online-risks-human-rights/

I will read their guide below a bit later. At first sign, I liked the material very much. It seems pretty reasonable and rational.

ACCESS NOW Position Paper: A Digital Rights Approach To Proposals For Preventing Or Countering Violent Extremism Online.

https://www.accessnow.org/cms/assets/uploads/2016/10/CVE-online-10.27.pdf

-------
"Don't let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live." - Mae Jemison