Statement from a Berkely Antifa FashBash participant

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Feb 2 23:18:37 PST 2017

On 02/02/2017 03:26 PM, Joshua Case wrote:
> Jim thinks I'm taking away Milo's liberty unfairly because I
> think it reasonable to deny him use of the communistically shared
> space he finds so precious.

War is easy to start, hard to stop.  To avoid war, you have to
communicate with your adversaries all the time.

Your refuse to listen, refuse to understand, refuse to comprehend.  This
results in demented demonization and maniacal hatred.

We conclude that you are evil, crazy and dangerous.  You think we are
planning to kill you, so you plan to kill us, so indeed we do plan to
kill you, confirming your paranoid suspicions and maniacal hatred.  A
vicious spiral that will pretty soon result in both side's plans being
put into force.

We said this was the flight 93 election, meaning that if we lost it, you
would destroy us, and if we won it, we might still be destroyed.  Your
behavior in the leadup to the election, and after the election, confirms
that this was indeed the flight 93 election.

This implies that having gained power democratically, we should never
let it go democratically, because if we yield, you will destroy us.  So
you quite correctly see plans to use power in ways that make sure we
remain in power come what may, so seeing these plans, you indeed plan to
destroy us.

All this could have been avoided by talking and listening, but we are
now on the road to civil war.