Security error leaves 760 gigs on NY airport servers unprotected for a year

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Tue Feb 28 04:24:13 PST 2017

> On Feb 28, 2017, at 3:07 AM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 4:53 AM, John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:
>> Yes and no. Joe Fuckhead (or me) shouldn't have to
>> worry about my NYC travels and all data needed to
>> clone my goddamn ID getting leaked all over the
>> place.
>>
>> But who knows, its likely just being traded quietly and
>> more privately, if someone did grab it before the "white
>> hats" swooped in and pointed this moronic setup... So
>> I can certainly see both points. Hushed damage
>> control vs shit blowing up in the open.
>
> Your ID is somewhat fixable. Leaks of all your email,
> voice calls, [naked selfie] pictures, social messages, and
> complete personal metadata, call / contact / friends lists,
> locations, shopping purchases, etc, etc.... is not.
> That's what's to fear.
> People will ignore news reports about some
> researcher or blackhat 'leaked' stuff.. it all sounds
> safe and taken care of. If news said someone posted
> peoples crap with a nice search interface on takedown
> proof darknet, and it's still there flaunting everyone,
> they might get pissed enough to act and demand
> heads heads roll until the problems start going away.

Sure, even leakedsource (which has been shut down)
didn't make enough waves to cause any "heads to roll".
Except maybe the people who were running leakedsource, if
they were caught (haven't followed story closely lately).

Your post reminds me of the southpark episodes where all
the worlds social media and trolling is about to be laid bare, made
public, de-anonymized, and basically it was the apocalypse. Funny
episode.