"Documenting Hate" Project

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Feb 28 00:22:17 PST 2017

On 2/28/2017 4:44 PM, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
>I certainly don't want there to be hate
> crimes. Shining a spotlight on them is the first step to ending them.\

When you find so many imaginary and overhyped crimes, and so very few
real crimes, your motivation is not ending those crimes, but imposing
collective punishment on those supposedly guilty.

Reflect on what happened in Ferguson:

A policeman shoots a black thug in self defence:

Hate crime.

Large numbers of white people are driven out of Ferguson and forced to
abandon their homes to black people, with the result that price of these
homes in parts of Ferguson near the riots fall to far below the value of
the mortgages and cost of replacement.

Not a hate crime.