Security error leaves 760 gigs on NY airport servers unprotected for a year

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 11:41:54 PST 2017

 From: Razer <g2s at riseup.net>

>Security error leaves NY airport servers unprotected for a year

>The backup storage drive hadn't been password-protected since April.

>The 760 GB of exposed data included TSA letters of investigation, social
security numbers, internal airport schematics and emails, according to
Chris Vickery, lead researcher from MacKeeper Security Center. He'd
discovered the lapse, noting that the backup drive "was, in essence,
acting as a public web server." If someone had found their way in, they
could access a particular file with usernames and passwords for various
devices and systems, which security experts confirmed to ZDNet would
open up every component of the airport's internal network to a malicious
user.

This is a big reason we don't like Statist fools who like big government, and would like to make us all dependent on government's supposed 'protection'.  If this outrage were done in private industry, at least we would have the freedom to go elsewhere.
           Jim Bell