10 judges are nuts.

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Feb 24 16:10:39 PST 2017

On 2/24/2017 1:20 PM, Razer wrote:
> On 02/23/2017 07:15 PM, Marina Brown misquoted Jim...
>

> I wrote the bit about outrunning a musketball...Yeah well perhaps I was
> jesting. But what might happen if the ball hit a solid object, or thick
> chopped pressed wool (imagine a peacoat on steroids) with a bunch of
> undergarments are two different things. I'm not saying it wouldn't hurt,
> or break a bone or something, but the ball would most likely get stuck
> in the wool.

Traditional muskets are big, clumsy, and kick like a horse, but they
blow great big holes in people.  Remember, they rendered armor
irrelevant, because they can punch through armor and kill horses with
the greatest of ease.

It is the famous AK-47 that is relatively quiet and low power.  Assault
weapons are so called because they are designed to be fired while
running around, like a handgun.

Assault weapons were named by Hitler (or at least he signed off on the
name), "Sturmgewehr", literally "Storm gun, Sturm gewehr" because unlike
the considerably heavier guns of World War I, designed to be fired while
kneeling in a trench, they were designed to be fired while running
towards your enemies, while storming the enemy.

In consequence an assault rifle makes an excellent hunting weapon for a
seven year old girl, but adult males generally prefer considerably more
powerful guns for hunting, unless they are varmint shooting.

A small child using an assault rifle to hunt usually shoots while
kneeling or lying down, and resting the front of the rifle on something,
because the weight and recoil makes it difficult for a small child to
aim while walking around.