Is email really that hard?

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Wed Feb 22 12:15:50 PST 2017

On 02/22/2017 12:10 PM, Razer wrote:

> On 02/22/2017 10:54 AM, Mirimir responds to Eugen Leitl:
>>> It's allright, I haven't read anything worthwhile here in years.
>> I hope that you're exaggerating;)
>>

> I'm just wondering if Eugen Leitl ever contributed anything useful, or
> he's just a lurker/whiner who hasn't contributed anything worthwhile
> himself.

I find lots of good stuff from him, but not since the list went to shit.

> And I concur. There's an attempt to hijack the list by alt-right
> trolls that seemed to begin when the majority of people who actually
> post supported io during his vilification by institutional slander.

Yes, that was the timing. But it's puzzling. I mean, are the alt-right
trolls part of the anti-io cabal? But Z*n and Alex were io supporters!
Maybe they were double agents ;) Or maybe they aren't really either, but
rather ED/*chan assholes, just in it for the lulz. Hard to say.

I'm reminded of Jack Barsky, the former Soviet spy who coded for years
for IBM etc.[0,1] This from the Guardian piece is very interesting:

| In the 1980s, Barsky’s most interesting potential recruits were
| radical rightwing ideologues; here, Soviet agents would pose as
| activists from the radical right. “There was one individual I
| reported on who I’m convinced would have fallen for that, because
| he was so strongly rightwing,” he says. But Barsky doesn’t know if
| any of them proved useful sources for the KGB; it was operational
| procedure that the agent who did the profiling and the agent who
| tried to recruit them were different people. He continued to send
| the profiles; the rest remained a mystery.

So I wonder how much of the alt-right are actually Russian agents. That
would be such a fucking coup! USA, pwned ;)

0)
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-kgb-spy-jack-barsky-steve-kroft-60-minutes/
1)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/11/thought-smarter-everybody-kgb-spy-jack-barsky